12 August 2005


A photo journey from our apartment to the movie theater. This is the view from the plaza below our apartment, which I use to give me street cred, seeing as I live in a concrete jungle now. (Bellevue, WA)
Blogger bruce

tom-

by a fluke i met julius shulman last week.

i see lots of similarities in your work, especially this shot. it's kind of like a case study house at sunset in los angeles in 1952, except it's a midrise, in bellevue, in 2005, at dusk, which we don't have in LA.

i do like the photos. 

Anonymous Anonymous

Right, and I noticed as I was perusing Terrills' blog this afternoon (Barbara and I had lunch) Bruce had lunch with Shulman and got to sit in his egg chair! I want to sit in Julius Shulman's egg chair -- Tom, can you arrange that for me? -- Mom 

Blogger Tom

Shulman never woulda had a career if it wasn't for me. 

Blogger Cindy Bean

Futurism: This was a movement of intellectuals who wanted to replace tradition with the modern world of machinery, speed, violence, and public relations. It proves that we should be careful what intellectuals wish for, because we might get it.

Brad Holland 

Post a Comment     Link