30 September 2006


They call this the Infinite Corridor; when MIT calls something "infinite," well, I expected it to be a lot longer. (Cambridge, MA)
Blogger Liz

Psh. What does MIT know about math? 

Blogger Andrew

Uh... What order of infinity is the corridor? I bet that's a hot topic of debate around campus. 

Blogger Kaahl

n00b. Clearly, string theory predicts the existence of 10, 11, up to 26 degrees of freedom (dimensions to the non-1337). M-theory informs us that within that hallway are 6-7 compactified dimensions--hence your infinite hallway. 

Blogger mnlop

dude. 

Blogger Shannon S.

I'm kinda wondering about this "Kaahl" fellow (or fellow-ette) 

Blogger Tom

To know Karl (Kahhl) is to kinda wonder about Karl. 

Blogger Shannon S.

Question for you "order of infinity" types - dealing with a far more finite phenomenon... I was wondering if you would know of a (free, online) model for, say, a linear regression with two independent variables? It is possible that any old statistical graphing package could do it, but I am kind of afraid that my computer will hang up on it or something. I don't know too much about math, but I like to hear people talk math, so maybe I need to "hang out" around here more often 

Post a Comment     Link