16 February 2007


My new processor (foreground) is boring, but the fan to cool it (background) is sweet. (Cambridge, MA)
Posted by Picasa
Blogger Kaahl

So let me get this straight, someone going to MIT is building a computer? Out of off-the-shelf parts?! That is outrageous!

Why aren't you 1337. Where are my quantum computers? Where is my carbon solid-state memory? Where is my liquid-cooled processor for goodness sakes--you are still using a fan?!

1992 called--they want you to stop screwing with their technology. 

Blogger Tom

Off the shelf nothing - I made that with a laser and 20 hand-positioned mirrors. And if I didn't make it with a laser, I definitely used tin snips at least twice during installation. One of those two sentences is true. 

Blogger Kaahl

Ha.

Also, thingsarecool called, it want's its comment back. 

Post a Comment     Link